Monday, June 13, 2011

Forward for Multi Genre Project

      For the past couple of weeks we've been reading and writing about the topic of Coming of Age. In other words that means growing up.
      The first project that i did for Coming of Age is a diary entry of how a teenage girl might feel when her parents treat her like a little kid. Not only do teenage girls get frustrated but every teenager gets frustrated and annoyed when their parents treat them like they're little. Teens try to prove to their parents that they are responsible and they can do anything that their parents ask them to do. But sometimes, teenagers try to find themselves and dress and act different ways to see which way fit best, but parents try to change their kids which annoys them. It also annoys me too, like if i want to wear something that i find cute, i don't want you telling me to change, i just want your opinion and then leave it at that.
       The second project that i did for Coming of Age is a dialogue about a teenager and their parent tells the teen to pick something up when the teen was going to do it anyway. That also annoys me too. I yell at my parents for doing that to me. It erks my nerves, I'm pretty sure it annoys every other teenager too. I don't get parents sometimes, they say how they want us to do things without them telling us to, but yet when they clearly see that we're doing it, they have the need to say it anyway.
        The third project that i did for Coming of Age is a poem about how mosrt teens probably feel. I'm a teen and i don't speak for anyone but myself. But some teens may agree with me. I remember when i was in elementary school and i wanted to go to middle school, i think i even said i even wanted to go to high school. But now i just want to go back to elementary school and do nothing. I miss everything that i didn't need to do, but i love the people that i met, and some...well...not so much.
       Growing up isn't a bad thing, its a way of life. But everyone will have something that they are going to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment